As a business partner, CPM India has been providing end-to-end in-store promoter and visibility solutions to Perfetti Van Melle India since June 2020.
Perfetti Van Melle approached CPM India to increase sales, visibility and efficiency. The current CPM team includes more than 180 in-store promoters and merchandisers covering over 2,800 stores across India. Their focus? In-store promotions and visibility excellence in the modern trade channel.
CPM India is responsible for delivering on the key KPI’s of offtake, coverage, execution, SOS (Share of Shelf) and visibility compliance. In order to achieve the KPIs, the operational focus is on soft skills, training and adaptability and data reporting and motivation.
PERFORMICs (our field app and insights suits) has been the key catalyst in the achievement of KPIs. It has enabled us to design an optimum journey plan with maximum customer-facing time. Individual Market spends are captured on ARM – Automated Reimbursement Model.
CPM's approach focused on the following areas:
- Customised training resulted in increased knowledge of the team, in turn leading to better performance
- Introduction of a knowledge assessment while transitioning the team helped to identify gaps
- Introduction of PERFORMICs enabled correct data reporting. Insights deduced from the data helped us fine-tune operations, visit cycle and training management in order to amplify performance
CPM's strategic approach delivered exceptional results for Perfetti Van Melle:
- 12% increase in promo compliance
- 19% increase in SOS (share of shelf)
- Increase in sales
- 90% visibility compliance
The success of the programme lay in identifying the gaps during the transition and quickly upskilling the team, in addition to bringing a high level of data transparency using PERFORMICs. Insight-backed changes to the operations resulted in an increase across all KPIs.