Mireia Ordi, Tactical Operations Manager in CPM, shares what does #ChooseToChallenge mean to her, some of the challenges she has faced and great advice for young women starting their career.
Tell us about your role within CPM, your career progression and how long you have been working in the company.
My current role in CPM Ireland is Tactical Operations Manager and involves looking after the correct activation of all campaigns in the Tactical Department, as well as managing the Tactical Team which consists of more than thirty people. Before moving to Ireland in July 2020, I worked for 4 years at CPM Spain as Client Service Manager.
- What is the most challenging thing about your job?
The most challenging aspect of this position is to get all the campaigns covered in a short period of time, while delivering excellent service to our client.
- What is the most rewarding?
The most rewarding is seeing that with a small office team, we always manage to complete all the requests we have and deliver an excellent service to our clients.
- What does the 2021 International Women’s Day slogan, #ChooseToChallenge mean for you in your work life?
We, women, have the power to choose now. We can choose to take a leap of faith and welcome a new challenge in our lives.
If you are thinking of applying for that Manager position that you always dreamt of, go for it!
- What is the biggest challenge you have overcome in your career?
Come to Ireland and start a new life here, while trying to continue with my career as Client Service Manager.
- What are the current challenges for women in your sector?
I don’t think we have lot of challenges in our sector. I have had the pleasure of working with a lot of women on different positions -from IT, Sales representatives, Marketing and Managers- and luckily I didn't experienced or heard about challenges related to gender. I’m sure nowadays there are sectors where gender challenges are more prominent, and in those we need to focus to reduce differences between men and women.
- Which woman do you admire the most?
Maria Borrego, my line manager at CPM Spain. She was and she is my mentor.
- What advice could you give to young women on how they can #ChooseToChallenge in their workplace?
I would tell them not to be afraid to give their opinion and thoughts.
- What is the best advice you have received to help you progress on your career?
Trust in myself, always. Be aware that I can achieve whatever I want.
If you would like to know more about CPM, contact us at email@example.com.