On November 25th, CPM won the award for “Best In-store Merchandising Supplier” at the National Retail Supplier Awards 2016. The ceremony took place at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel and it was the second edition of this accolade.
We at CPM are delighted to be recognised for such a prestigious award as this awards ceremony recognises all the suppliers “behind the scenes” that make Ireland’s retail industry one the most competitive in the world.
This is one of two great accolades that CPM has received in 2016 in the retail space, solidifying our strength and expertise particularly in merchandising.
Check out our interview with Ciara Kellett, Commercial Director at CPM, to get a true insight in to why she believes CPM has been recognised for its Merchandising services.
Why do you believe CPM won the award?
Merchandising is one of our 5 core services. We currently provide this service for a number of clients including; Britvic, LRS, GSK, Black & Decker and Microsoft to name a few. We have been providing this service since we opened our doors in 1986.
As our submission outlined, when we talk about merchandising we don’t just mean the physical element of the job. Our merchandising service is more than stacking shelves. We offer so much more:
- Our merchandisers are the eyes and ears for our clients, feeding back on stock availability, visibility, competitor information, ranking and drive.
- They form, grow and sustain relationships with stores on behalf of their clients to ensure they get the best opportunities available in store
- They are brand ambassadors for our clients in store, ensuring that they are always portraying a positive reflection of the brand
- They are creative geniuses, constructing complex builds in a timely manner in store
This is why I believe we’ve been recognised for this award. Our clients are always looking for value and these value added elements of our Merchandising service is what makes us unique and best in class.
What does winning this award mean to CPM?
Winning this award is really important to CPM. Retail is one of our core strengths, it is the reason we opened our doors in Ireland in 1986! This award is evident of the fact that CPM not only is the longest merchandising supplier in the Irish Market but is also now the Leader as voted by Checkout Magazine Ireland.
What are the main skills that helped the CPM team to win such a great accolade?
- Customer Focused
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Strong Relationship skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Problem solver
- Innovative thinker